Monday, December 17, 2012

What I Learned Today

cursed library


Hello again, I know I was going to read @The Waves and write something about it. But I couldn't accomplish it. Instead I read a part from A Room of One's Own and I totally admired it. I'll talk about it later on but I wanna share an interesting episode I read. Shame on me I read this so late. Whatever, Virginia Woolf tells she cursed a library because they didn't let her in just because she wasn't accompanied by a Fellow! Of course she took an oath not to go back there again.Though we don't know if she is talking about herself or this happened at all as the piece is a fiction. When you think about the general attitude towards women that doesn't sound awkward a bit. I would do the same thing probably, such an humiliating thing! I don't know what kind of drawback of women could have caused that? This really needs pondering. When it comes to what I learned/remembered today : World not fair, not at all!!!



Tekrar tekrar merhaba! Biliyorum Dalgalar'ı okuyup hakkında yorumumu yazacaktım ancak yapamadım. Onun yerine Virginia Woolf'un Kendine Ait Bir Oda adlı eserine başladım. Kesinikle mükemmel, yaptığım alıntıları sizinle daha sonra paylaşacağım. Gerçi şimdiye kadar okumamış olmam benim ayıbım. Neyse sadede geleyim, yazıda anlatıcı başından geçen biraz ilginç çokça aşağılayıcı bir olayı anlatıyor.Yazı, kurgu olduğundan bu olayın gerçekten Virginia Woolf'un başından geçip geçmediğini bilmiyoruz ya da hiç yaşanıp yaşanmadığını. Gerçi kadınlara karşı tutumu göz önüne alırsak pek de şaşırtıcı gelmiyor. Bu durum karşısında kahraman,diyelim, kendi kendine bir daha oraya gitmemek için yemin ediyor. Merak ediyorum kadınların ne gibi eksiklikleri tüm bunlara sebep olabiliyor? Bugün ne öğrendiğime/hatırladığıma gelirsek : Dünya hiç adil değil, hem de hiç!!!

No comments: