Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Poem of Wednesday: My love is like a red, red rose




Happy Wednesdays! Today is poetry day and our poem goes to ones who love passionately and express it bluntly. It was written by Robert Burns : My Luve is Like a Red, Red Rose. A love song that was sung by dozens of singers. I like that one of The Fureys, Irish folk band, and I shared it above. Here is the lovely poem:

Oh my luve is like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
Oh my luve is like the melody,
That's sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deeply in luve am I;
Ana I will luve thee still, my dear
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
and the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare the weel, my only luve!
And fare the weel a while!
And I will come again, my luve!
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!

Mutlu Çarşambalar efenim! Bugün şiir günü ve günün şiiri sevenler ve bunu açıkça gösterebilenler için gelsin. Şiirimiz Robert Burns tarafından yazılmış bir aşk şiiri : Benim Sevgilim Kırmızı Kırmızı Güle Benzer! Şarkı olarak da onlarca sanatçı tarafından seslendirilmiş ama ben en çok The Fureys'i beğendim ve sizinle de onu paylaştım zaten. Şiirimiz de şöyle:

Benim sevgilim kırmızı kırmızı güle benzer,
Haziranda yeni açmış,
Benim sevgilim ezgiye benzer,
Tatlı, ahenkle çalınan.

        Bu kadar güzel olduğun için  benim çekici sevgilim,
        Derinden sevgim
        Ve seni hala seviyor olacağım
        Bütün denizler kuruyana değin

Bütün denizler kuruyana değin sevgilim,
Ve kayalar güneşle eriyene değin
Seni hala seviyor olacağım
Hayatım kum taneleri gibi akıp tükense de.

Ve elveda sevgilim,
Ve elveda bir süreliğine,
Ve döneceğim sevgilim
On bin arşın olsa bile...
     


  

         



No comments: