Friday, October 26, 2012

Quote of Friday

Wish Lists

Wish Lists by dominamagna 


"A year from now on you will wish you had started today" -Karen Lamb




Today I wanna remind this quotation from Karen Lamb, who is the director of The Miracle You and the writer of I Felt My Wings. Every year I plan making huge changes in my life and at the end of the year I find the very same person in the mirror. Or I regret for the things I could have done during that period and the resolutions that aren't carried out . "A year from now on you will wish you had started today" When I read this sentence I thought about last year and my plans about it. There were so many things to be completed; I could have learned Russian and passed through the thesis phase of my M.A. this year, I could have studied more and had a job till now. They all passed. However a year from now I might be enjoying the things I started and completed this time. I won't stick to old disappointments and keep on thinking about future. I hope this quote will help you,too.



                  "Bugünden bir sene sonra, bugün başlamış olmayı dileyeceksin."

Yine çevirideki yeteneksizliğimi kullanarak bugün için seçmiş olduğum alıntıyı sizlerle paylaşmak istiyorum. Sözümüz I Flet My Wings kitabının yazarı Karen Lamb'ten. Bir üşengeç olarak başladığı işlerin yüzde doksanın yarım bırakan ve bunlar için hep hayıflanan biri olarak içinden çıkamadığım hayal kırıklıklarını tarif edemem. Mesela geçen seneyi ve ondan bir öncekini düşünelim, eğer o zaman başladığım yüksek lisans derslerime devam ediyor olsaydım hazırlık aşamasında verilen Rusça'yı rahat bir şekilde öğrenebilirdim, belki de şimdi tez aşamasına geçmiştim. Ya da kendimi daha çok sıkıp çalışsaydım bir iş sahibi bile olabilirdim. Hepsi geçti ya da kaçtı. Ama geçen sene yerine gelecek sene bu zamanlara odaklanırsam belki daha umutlu bir şekilde planlarıma odaklanabilirim. Sıra uygun kararlar almakta...

No comments: