Saturday, August 4, 2012

Quote of Friday

Today we quote from G. Bernard Shaw, one of my favorite playwrights and critics. I love his alert humor and explicit definition of the problems of his era. His catchy and amusing narration never bores me. But ı'm not going to write about his writings, what I am going to write about is this sentence:

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF, LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Family, school, circle of friends... we constantly look for our selves in different places, and sometimes we identify ourselves with others, with the people we choose as role models. But we seldom think about determining our own standards and choosing a unique way and creating a new self for our "selves". When I first read this sentence I thought I should quit looking for ajar doors behind which I expected to find ME and preparing the content of the person I wanted to be. I'm still on the way but when I complete this task I know I won't be disappointed.   

No comments: